2. Guitar lessons are sometimes hard to understand especially for lefties. You see, most guitarists are right handed and so you might get confused with the lessons. Always have this in your mind – try to reverse the lessons and everything will fall into place.
3. When you’re shopping for a new guitar, make sure that you buy from a reputable store. You see, there are some stores that deliver defective guitars especially if they notice that you’re an inexperienced left handed guitarist. Shop around and you can also ask help form fellow lefties so that they can show you the best stores in your area. If you want, you can also shop online and you will surely have a lot of choices.
4. Are you quite confident in learning to play the guitar? You have to be so that you will not feel ashamed to play the instrument even in the presence of other people. Being a left handed individual is not your fault. Many brilliant and famous guitarists are known all over the world like Paul McCartney, Curt Cobain, and Jimmy Hendrix.
5. For beginners, it would be helpful to not play a guitar for right handed people in a left handed way. You will surely encounter problems with the guitar chords if you do this. Some complicated chords will be very difficult to play.
6. What matters most when learning to play guitar is to have fun. If you’re comfortable with left hand guitars, don’t immediately replace it with right handed ones.
These are helpful tips that you should know especially if you’re a lefty. If you’re equipped with the right knowledge in playing guitars, all the guitar lessons will be very easy to learn and in no time at all, you will be playing with fellow lefties as well as with right handed guitarists.